Learn about personal security practices that will help you.
While we try to hide as many blockchain elements in the game as possible, however, due to this early stage in blockchain gaming, it is essential to adopt good personal security practices so malicious actors do not take control of your valuable Synergy of Serra Items and Resources.
Many of the personal security practices on this page will also apply to other projects and websites in general and not just to blockchain activity.
Here are some general online security tips to keep in mind when using the internet. These are especially important when keeping you blockchain assets safe:
- 1.Keep your private keys and recovery seed phrases secure. Never share them with anyone. Be cautious of phishing attempts to try to trick you into revealing your recovery seed phrase.
- 2.Use a hardware wallet. These devices store the private keys and seeds offline, which is more secure than storing the keys on a computer or mobile device that is connected to the internet.
- 3.Enable two-factor authentication (2FA). This adds an extra layer of security by requiring a second form of verification, such as a one-time code, in addition to your password.
- 4.Keep your passwords confidential. Do not share your passwords with anyone. Be cautious of phishing attempts where attackers may try to trick you into revealing your login credentials.
- 5.Use strong and unique passwords. Avoid using easily guessable information like names, birthdays, or common words.
- 6.Do not reuse passwords. Use a different password for each online account to prevent unauthorized access if one account is compromised.
- 7.Regularly update your passwords. Change your passwords periodically, especially for critical accounts like email, banking, and cryptocurrency wallets. Avoid reusing old passwords.
- 8.Use a password manager. Consider using a reputable password manager tool to generate and store strong and unique passwords for each of your accounts.
- 9.Be skeptical of emails and links. Be cautious with emails, messages, links, or downloads from unknown or suspicious sources, as they may contain malware or phishing attempts.
- 10.Do your research. Have a good understanding of all areas of the project before buying any cryptocurrency or NFTs, and be aware of the risks involved.
- 11.Rug pulls are commonplace. Be aware of the possibility of fraud and scams in the NFT space, and never spend more than you can afford to lose.
- 12.Be cautious of public Wi-Fi networks. Avoid logging into sensitive accounts or entering passwords on public Wi-Fi networks, as they may not be secure.
- 13.Keep your devices and software up to date. Regularly update to the latest versions as outdated software may have vulnerabilities that can be exploited.
- 14.Monitor your accounts regularly. Regularly review your account activity and statements to detect any suspicious or unauthorized activity.
- 15.Back up important data. Regularly back up your important data and files to prevent loss in case of device theft, damage, or other unforeseen circumstances.
Please note that this is general information and not financial or legal advice. But by following these best practices, you can significantly enhance the security of your online accounts and protect your personal information.