The Base Set Crate Unlocking Event.
Reminder: the game is still in development, and everything is subject to change.
- You can deposit your Base Set crates now until the timer runs out.
- You can open your unlocked Base Set crates from 24 September 2023.
- All deposited Base Set crates are queued in a random order to establish fairer conditions for getting those low mint numbers.
- Virtual Set crates are not ready to be opened yet.
We highly recommend reading all the information about the Crate Unlocking Event.
There will be a two-week period to deposit crates where all deposited crates will be assigned a random position in a queue. At the end of this period, our crate unlocking mechanism will start to unlock the owners’ crates. Your crates will be unlocked automatically by us, but you will open them.
This whole process is broken down into Phases to make it clear to all Serrans what is happening:
Phase 1 | The Collection Phase 2 | The Unlocking Phase 3 | The Celebration
There is an overview of each of the Phases below, but there is much more information in the following pages. We highly recommend you read all the information available.
- Serrans will be able to deposit Base Set crates for two weeks, as indicated by a countdown timer. You can only deposit your crates from the Events page.
- There is no need to rush to deposit. Each crate has the same chance of being the first or last in the queue due to the randomly generated order.
- When the countdown finishes, we move to Phase 2 | The Unlocking.
- When this phase begins, the Council of the Six will start to unlock the crates in order. Important: you will be opening your unlocked crates, not us.
- The mint numbers of new cards will be assigned when the crates are unlocked, not when they are opened, so there is no need to rush to open your crates. Come and join our party in Discord!
- When all deposited crates are unlocked, we move to Phase 3 | The Celebration.
- When the queue is empty, all unlocked crates will be ready to be opened by Serrans, and any other crate can be opened immediately without having to join the queue.
The Crate Unlocking Event has an underlying aim of trying to establish fairer opening conditions. In some blockchain games and projects, people can be unfairly disadvantaged through time zone differences, or some people create unfair advantages for themselves through the use of bots. The Crate Unlocking Event aims to reduce this imbalance and give everyone the same chance to be at the front of the queue.
The Unlocking Event is a great way to share the celebration of reaching such a significant milestone with our early supporters, who have been waiting patiently to be able to open their Base Set crates.
It is also a way to celebrate the art and the hard work the team of artists has devoted to conceptualizing, designing, developing, and creating the amazing Synergy of Serra artwork and animations.